Ross Recycling Drop-Off Locations
Abitibi Fiber Retrievers
Rumpke Multi-Material Recycling Bins
- Adena Road (between Orange St and Pleasant Valley Rd) Pick-up days: Monday, Wednesday & Friday
- Yoctangee Park (across from Bolmer Field on Enderlin Drive)
Pick-up days: Tuesday & Thursday
- Zane Trace High School - St. Rt. 180 (Bus Garage Parking Lot) Pick-up day: Wednesday
- Huntington Local Schools (rear parking lot) Pick-up day: Wednesday
- Rumpke Recycling Buyback Center - 990 Eastern Ave
- Twin Township Fire House - 11521 US Rt. 50 Pick-up day: Thursday
- 103.5 W. Fifth Street at Fire Department
Pick-up day: Thursday
- Parking lot beside brick building at 10823 Main Street
Pick-up day: Wednesday
- Frankfort Sewage Treatment Plant - 94 S. Main St.
Pick-up days: Monday & Friday
- Village Office - 11759 Market Street
Pick-up day: On call
- 757 Jackson Street (Jefferson Twp.)
Pick-up day: Friday
*Plastic bottles & jugs with a base wider than it’s small mouth.
*The Ohio EPA has a guidance document for Disposal of Household Generated Sharps (July 2018) (view pdf).
Please be a considerate recycler. Leaving unacceptable items at drop-off locations is considered illegal dumping. Place acceptable items loose - not bagged - in the recycling containers.
We try to keep this information updated. However, it is always a good idea to first call the establishment in which you would like to take your recyclables, as their policy often changes.
First Capital Enterprises
Document Destruction (Paper Shredding) Contact Mike Keesee at 740-779-2592
Donate your Car, Boat, RV or Motorcycle - Contact Ron Farrar, 740-773-2166
First Capital will accept ALL old shoes, in any condition. The shoes will be re-purposed to raise funds to support local individuals with disabilities. Call 740-773-2166 for more info.
Barker’s Auto Salvage, (and non-ferrous scrap) 2401 Blain Hwy. , Waverly 740-663-2568
Ernie’s Foreign Salvage, Inc., 884 Eastern Ave (Rear), 740-773-5912
Compact Fluorescent Bulbs
Lowes, 867 N. Bridge Street (740)-773-7777 - Accepts compact fluorescent bulbs at no charge.
RPHF Solid Waste District Office, 141 W Main Street Suite 400 Circleville, Ohio 43113 - Household batteries
Lowe's, 867 N. Bridge Street (740)-773-7777 - Accepts lawn/tractor batteries, rechargeable batteries & power tool batteries.
AutoZone, 212 N. Bridge St., 740-775-0270—Up to 5 gallons/person/day
AutoZone, 718 Western Ave., 740-775-2545—Up to 5 gallons/person/day
Advance Auto Parts, 1038 N. Bridge St., 740-773-0384, Up to 5 gallons/person/day
Advance Auto Parts, 15 N. Bridge St., 740-775-6526, Up to 5 gallons//person/day
O’Reilly Auto Parts, 201 N. Bridge Street, 740-773-4200, Up to 5 gallons//person/day
Mountaineer Appliances, 450 E. Second St., 740-773-0788 (buys repairable appliances)
Rumpke Recycling, 990 Eastern Ave., 740-773-1440 (no Freon)
AEP Ohio's Appliance Recycling Program - (SEASONAL) Get $50 for your old, working refrigerator/freezer
South Central Power Refrigerator & Freezer Rebate Program - (SEASONAL) $100 rebate on the purchase of an ENERGY STAR refrigerator or stand alone freezer.
AutoZone, 2123 N. Bridge St., 740-775-0270
AutoZone, 718 Western Ave., 740-775-2545
Scioto Valley Recycling, 273 Seney Road, 740-772-5252
Wal-mart, 85 River Trace - Will accept car batteries at Wal-Mart Tire & Lube Express, 740-774-4800.
RUMPKE Recycling, 990 Eastern Ave., 740-773-1440
Pleasant Valley Iron & Metal, 11185 County Rd 550 Chillicothe, 740-773-8517
Scioto Valley Recycling, 273 Seney Rd., 740-772-5252
Barker’s Auto Salvage (non-ferrous scrap only), 2401 Blain Highway, Waverly 740-663-2568
Plastic Shopping Bags
Wal-Mart Supercenter, 85 River Trace Lane, 740-774-4800
Kroger, 1165 Western Avenue, 740-773-3150 (also accepts other plastic bags, dry cleaning bags, & plastic wrap)
Kroger, 887 N. Bridge St., 740-773-2901 (also accepts other plastic bags, dry cleaning bags, & plastic wrap)
Kohl's, 45 River Trace Ln. Chillicothe, 740-773-1111
Lowe's, 867 N Bridge St, Chillicothe, 740-773-7777
Ross County Sheriffs Department, 740-773-1186. The phones are reprogrammed for 911 calling capabilities.
Our district office (Circleville) houses a cellphone drop-off box available during office hours.
Ink Jet Cartridge & Printer Cartridge Recycling
Office Max, 869 N Bridge St, Chillicothe, 740-779-2323
Propane Gas Cylinders (Gas grills)
Litter Quality Propane, 524 Eastern Ave. They accept small propane cylinders for a $5 fee (740-773-2196)
Blue Rhino locations offer a recycling program for 20# grill tanks. Blue Rhino will collect the tank and refurbish it if possible. If the tank does not meet the company's safety and quality standards, they will recycle the tank. Blue Rhino will accept any standard gas grill tank, including other brands. Find a location. Check with your local retailer for details.
Helium & Oxygen Tanks
Do not place helium or oxygen tanks in your recycling. Putting them in the trash is hazardous. Empty helium balloon tanks that were purchased from a retail store should be punctured and recycled at a local scrap metal yard. Follow the disposal instructions that came with the tank or see these instructions from Balloon Time. Medical cylinders should be disposed or recycled through the company it was purchased or received from. Check with your medical supplier for details about their take-back or exchange program.
Habitat For Humanity, 171 E 5th Street Chillicothe, Ohio 45601 (740)-779-9734 (No paint)
Household Hazardous Waste
For free disposal, please call the district office for information (740)-420--5452
Lowes - 867 N. Bridge St. Chillicothe (740)-773-7777 (SEASONAL CALL AHEAD)
Area Landfills and Transfer Stations
- Waste Mgt Mound Transfer, Seney Road , Chillicothe 740-773-5711; 800-343-6047 (Corporate Office)
- Rumpke/Chillicothe Transfer, 990 Eastern Avenue, Chillicothe, 740-773-1440 ext. 7114
- Rumpke Transfer, 2195 Hassle Drive, Circleville 1-800-828-8171, Ext. 7311
- Fayette County Transfer, 1600 Robinson Rd., Washington C.H., 740-335-1508**
- Athens/Hocking Reclamation Center, Logan, 740-385-6019*
- Rumpke SW Ohio Reg. Refuse Facility, 9427 Beyers Rd., Georgetown, 937-378-4126
- Republic Waste—Pine Grove, 5131 Drinkle Rd., Amanda, 740-969-4487*
- Rumpke Beech Hollow LF, 28 A.W. Long Rd., Wellston, 740-384-4400
- Pike Sanitary Landfill, State Route 220 East, Waverly, 740-773-1440, ext. 7185
* Accepts Asbestos (call ahead)
** Accepts Construction & Demolition Material
*** Accepts both Asbestos & C&D Material
Garbage Collection and Roll-Off Container Service
- Chillicothe City Service (Chillicothe residents only), 740-773-2700
- Rumpke Recycling/Disposal, 740-773-1440; 1-866-757-7329
- Rumpke Waste, 1-888-786-7531
- Waste Management, Inc., 1-800-343-6047
Roll-Off Container Service
- BSS Waste & Portable Restrooms, 1-800-859-6304; Cell 740-603-0828; Office 740-756-9100 (Ross, Pickaway and Fayette Counties)
- Central Ohio Contractors, 614-539-2570; 1-800-483-2233. www.coc-inc.com
- Mound Waste & Recycling, LLC, 740-772-5252
- RUMPKE Recycling/Disposal, 740-773-1440; 1-866-757-7329
- Republic Waste Services, 1-800-601-1867, (Ross, Pickaway & Fayette Counties)
- Rumpke Waste, Inc., 1-888-786-7531, www.Rumpke.com
- Traces Sanitation, LLC, 1-866-305-3069 (Pickaway County)
- Waste Management, Inc., 1-800-343-6047, www.wm.com
TIRES are accepted on an on-going basis at the following locations. Call for prices and hours of operation.
- Fayette Co. Transfer, 740-335-1508
- Pike Sanitation (Rumpke), 740-947-4200
- Sundown Tire, 740-708-4053
- Liberty Tire, Grove City, 888-780-8473
- Chuck Wait Tire, Hillsboro, 937-393-2166, and Mowrystown, 937-442-2004
- Tire Discounters, Hillsboro, 937-840-9400
- Liberty Tire Services, Southwest Greenfield, 937-981-7904
- Buck's Tire Service, Greenfield, 937-981-7712
- Rumpke SW Ohio Refuse Facility, Georgetown, Brown County, 937-378-4126