Highland Recycling Drop-Off Locations
Click here for more information from Highland County Recycling
Rumpke Multi-Material Recycling Bins
- Gravel Parking Lot (beside Pitstick Grain) - 116 S. Fairfield St.
Pick-up day: Tuesday
- Terry's Grocery - 1505 US Rt. 50 & Rt. 134 Pick-up days: Tuesday & Friday
- Corner lot of Main St. & Bobbitt Ave. (Beside Dollar General) Pick-up day: Tuesday
*The Ohio EPA has a guidance document for Disposal of Household Generated Sharps (July 2018) (view pdf).
Please be a considerate recycler. Leaving unacceptable items at drop-off locations is considered illegal dumping. Place acceptable items loose - not bagged - in the recycling containers.
We try to keep this information updated. However, it is always a good idea to first call the establishment in which you would like to take your recyclables, as their policy often changes.
Please view other counties Commercial Recyclers list for additional options.
Blue Rhino locations offer a recycling program for 20# grill tanks. Blue Rhino will collect the tank and refurbish it if possible. If the tank does not meet the company's safety and quality standards, they will recycle the tank. Blue Rhino will accept any standard gas grill tank, including other brands. Find a location. Check with your local retailer for details.
Helium & Oxygen Tanks
Do not place helium or oxygen tanks in your recycling. Putting them in the trash is hazardous. Empty helium balloon tanks that were purchased from a retail store should be punctured and recycled at a local scrap metal yard. Follow the disposal instructions that came with the tank or see these instructions from Balloon Time. Medical cylinders should be disposed or recycled through the company it was purchased or received from. Check with your medical supplier for details about their take-back or exchange program.
Area Landfills and Transfer Stations
- Waste Mgt Mound Transfer, Seney Road , Chillicothe 740-773-5711; 800-343-6047 (Corporate Office)
- Rumpke/Chillicothe Transfer, 990 Eastern Avenue, Chillicothe, 740-773-1440 ext. 7114
- Rumpke Transfer, 2195 Hassle Drive, Circleville 1-800-828-8171, Ext. 7311
- Fayette County Transfer, 1600 Robinson Rd., Washington C.H., 740-335-1508**
- Athens/Hocking Reclamation Center, Logan, 740-385-6019*
- Rumpke SW Ohio Reg. Refuse Facility, 9427 Beyers Rd., Georgetown, 937-378-4126
- Republic Waste—Pine Grove, 5131 Drinkle Rd., Amanda, 740-969-4487*
- Rumpke Beech Hollow LF, 28 A.W. Long Rd., Wellston, 740-384-4400
- Pike Sanitary Landfill, State Route 220 East, Waverly, 740-773-1440, ext. 7185
* Accepts Asbestos (Call ahead)
** Accepts Construction & Demolition Material
*** Accepts both Asbestos & C&D Material
Garbage Collection and Roll-Off Container Service
- Rumpke Waste, 1-888-786-7531
- Waste Management, Inc., 1-800-343-6047
- Pro Waste Services, 740-636-0660
- Industrial Container, 937-364-6497
Roll-Off Container Service
- BSS Waste & Portable Restrooms, 1-800-859-6304; Cell 740-603-0828; Office 740-756-9100 (Ross, Pickaway and Fayette Counties)
- Central Ohio Contractors, 614-539-2570; 1-800-483-2233. www.coc-inc.com
- Mound Waste & Recycling, LLC, 740-772-5252
- RUMPKE Recycling/Disposal, 740-773-1440; 1-866-757-7329
- Republic Waste Services, 1-800-601-1867, (Ross, Pickaway & Fayette Counties)
- Rumpke Waste, Inc., 1-888-786-7531, www.Rumpke.com
- Traces Sanitation, LLC, 1-866-305-3069 (Pickaway County)
- Waste Management, Inc., 1-800-343-6047, www.wm.com
TIRES are accepted on an on-going basis at the following locations. Call for prices and hours of operation.
- Fayette Co. Transfer, 740-335-1508
- Pike Sanitation, 740-947-4200
- Sundown Tire, 740-708-4053
- Liberty Tire, Grove City, 888-780-8473
- Chuck Wait Tire, Hillsboro, 937-393-2166, and Mowrystown, 937-442-2004
- Tire Discounters, Hillsboro, 937-840-9400
- Liberty Tire Services, Southwest Greenfield, 937-981-7904
- Buck's Tire Service, Greenfield, 937-981-7712
- Rumpke SW Ohio Refuse Facility, Georgetown, Brown County, 937-378-4126